Level 3 Diploma in Social Pedagogy
Social pedagogy connects care and education through its focus on relationship-centred practice. It is underpinned by the idea that each person has inherent potential, is valuable, resourceful and can make a meaningful contribution to their wider community if we find ways of including them.
This qualification equips learners with an essential theoretical and practical understanding of social pedagogy which benefits learners both professionally and personally.
- Familiarises learners with foundational principles in social pedagogical practice, its core theoretical concepts and how these can be applied across a variety of educational and care settings.
- Offers experiential and interactive group learning with face-to-face seminars that bring social pedagogy to life, stimulate new ideas and focus on learning transfer into practice.
- Enables learners to demonstrate that their practice meets the social pedagogy standards of the relevant professional regulator, the Social Pedagogy Professional Association.
- Prepares learners to progress to a qualification at a higher level in social pedagogy and to develop their career in practice fields related to social pedagogy.
- Learners must be 18 or over
- Learners are expected to have completed their organisation’s/local authority’s safeguarding training
- Learners are expected to either be employed in a care/education setting or related context or be volunteering for a minimum of 200 hours in a similar setting
Guided learning hours
Total qualification time
Blended, full or part time, face-to-face and distance learning as well as independent study.
How long does it take?
9 months part time recommended. The programme should be completed in a maximum of 18 months following registration.