Level 4 Diploma in Equine Facilitated Learning: the LEAP method
Crossfields Institute Level 4 Diploma in Equine Facilitated Learning: the LEAP method
- Knowledge and theory of EFL and specifically the LEAP Method for EFL.
- The development of a range of skills and capacities including: horsemanship skills, coaching, self-reflection, body based awareness, assessment of clients’ needs and developing EFL programmes.
- A formally recognised qualification in coaching, teaching, riding instruction, social work, nursing, holistic therapy, psychology. We will consider applications from those who are trained in a different area of expertise if they are experienced with horses and wish to qualify as an EFL Practitioner.
- If English is not the first language, proof of spoken and written English at a level equivalent to IELTS 5 will be required.
- Learners must have previously experienced the LEAP Method from a client perspective through attending a LEAP Introductory workshop, or one to one workshop with one of the LEAP Training team. Alternative arrangements may be considered by the programme team for learners from overseas.
- Learners must be able to demonstrate knowledge of standard equestrian practises including horsecare skills and basic horsemanship.
- Learners must demonstrate the potential for self-reflection, self-directed learning, emotional resilience and ability to manage their own emotions. Participating in this programme may bring up unresolved or painful feelings and memories and learners should be willing and able to access therapeutic support outside the course if needed.
Guided learning hours
Total qualification time
How long does it take?
12 months part time
Portfolio of evidence